Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New full composition - "Echoes of Night"
dampwater
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-4-2009 at 09:30 PM
New full composition - "Echoes of Night"

Hello everyone,

I know I haven't posted here in quite a while, but I've been busy with university, but it is all behind me now! I am starting on this new project of compiling a contemporary middle-eastern instrumental, omar khayrat/marcel khalife style album. Its an experiment...

Anyways, this is the first song to actually have been recorded and composed. The oud & tabla are live instruments, the rest is not. It is in maqam hegaz, then it goes into kurd and back...you may call is hegazkar kurd, i dunno.

Here is the link, it is the first song called "Echoes of Night" (I'm still working on the title!):
http://dampwater.dmusic.com/

Please leave your comments and opinions about how it sounds so that i can integrate them into this and come out with something better possibly!

Thank you!!!!:)
Christian1095
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-5-2009 at 08:12 AM

I really like the composition.... I didn't care for the piano intro since it sounded obviously electronic and took away from the "earthy" feel of the rest of the composition... However once you kick in with the Oud it sounds really cool.... All the other electronic instruments sound sharp too... Really well done...

Chris Walters

Go To Top