Printable Version  
Author: Subject: i am still looking for a " student or mid level " turkish oud
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-31-2009 at 03:47 PM
i am still looking for a " student or mid level " turkish oud

hi guys
i am looking for a mid range "student or midlevel" turkish oud with a mid range price so if anyone is selling please send me U2U

P.S: i am not interested in one of those tourist ouds that they sell on amazon and similar pages do not even bother with those thx again

i am still looking guys if anyone has a turkish oud for sale let me know
Christian1095
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 05:21 AM

Are you sure? Here's a real deal on Amazon....

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

http://www.amazon.com/Turkish-Oud/dp/B0002C99LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

The oud or the Arabic Lute is the Middle Eastern lute from which all European lutes evolved. Today the oud is very popular all the way from Morocco to Istanbul. Turkish instruments known for their rich bright sound are the most prized of all ouds. These instruments are all handcrafted so each is a little different but are of good quality. The bowl is made of assorted hardwoods and the face of spruce. This model uses better woods and cleaner craftsmanship than the student model. Overall length is 32 inches with a body width of 14-1/4 inches and depth of 7-1/2 inches. Tuned C#F#BEAD or EABEAD. Comes with a carry bag. (synonyms: ud, barbat, medieval lute, renaissance lute)

Chris Walters
tchandler
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 08:59 AM

Hey Oudipoet,
I'm selling a Sabri Ender oud that's quite good. I'm asking $600 for it, comes with a hard case. If you're interested I can send pics.
best
tom
drovla
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 09:31 AM

Christian,

Something is strange with Lark in the Morning. Per your link above Amazon shows that this oud is available. However, I contacted Lark yesterday and for some reason they said that they are no longer available from the supplier. If you goto their website, they have no ouds for sale anymore.
Christian1095
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 10:37 AM

Dude, I was just teasing..... Though in all honesty.... that was the fist oud I bought.... And after about two weeks of playing, it's been a decoration ever since...

Here's a guy I've bought a saz from... Really good reputation... His instruments come from Turkey... so I'm assuming his ouds are turkish too...

Real nice fellow... Lives in VA.. when I got my saz from him it was really well packed.

http://www.touchtheearth.com/index.htm

You may want to contact him.... I don't know anything about his ouds.. but the saz has been top quality and really well priced

Chris Walters
drovla
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 11:51 AM

Oh, I wasn't necessarily recommending Lark In The Morning. I was just pointing out the fact that 2 days ago they were showing Sandi Ouds for sale and now they are not. I just thought it was a bit strange. If Lark is/was truly selling Sandi Ouds then I would think that would be a viable option.
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 05:53 PM

christian thx for your respond but u do not have to explain to me i ve been playing ouds for sometime now and those ouds are a joke wayyyyyyyyyyyy over priced and tourist quality basiclly just for decoration at least thats what i think.

esp larkinthemorning against my advice couple of people i know got ouds form them and they all turned out to be a joke

i have to admit for a while they were carrying sandi ouds which were not that bad i own one myself ofcourse it has been modified but still all over they are good but i think they stoped carrying those
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 07:28 PM

I happened to be over at Tchandler's place and played his Turkish oud, so I thought I'd report what I saw. I like it. It sounds very live (& Turkish), even tuned down to Arabic, with plenty of zing and volume, good action, nice rosewood fingerboard, bridge and pegs. The spare peg is a replacement. It's got a natural soundboard with that patina of years, the bowl seems like alternating rosewood and some lighter wood, with glossy finish, in excellent shape, one shallow scratch on the back. A good working musician's instrument, not a wall oud or a show-off specimen, quite attractive, with warm rosewood hues dominating. It has the look and feel of a well-played-in Arabic, if you know what I mean.

Seems like a winner to me at that price; if I were looking for a Turkish, I'd be sorely tempted, it's got a very friendly thing to it. Tchandler is selling it because he's been playing only Arabic for some time now, and this instrument is languishing, not getting any quality time under his fingers. Tuned back up to Turkish with new strings and played madly to open it up, it can be really something.

[file]10998[/file]
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 08:28 PM

thx fernandraynaud

i already am talking with tchandler thx again
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-6-2009 at 12:15 PM

still looking guys
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-16-2009 at 07:48 PM

anyone seeling?
norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-22-2009 at 06:21 AM

i have a Sandettin Sandi that I'm letting go; good condition except there is a barely noticeable hairline split in the soundboard from the base to the pickguard. its been stable for years with no signs of growing or getting worse.
you can hear this instrument at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslOP_9fYNE ...

Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 01:58 AM

Hi Oudipoet:wavey:,
there are a few used CEM ouds on german ebay for 1 day only.
I dont play CEM ouds myself,but I read in here somewhere they are not to bad and they do fast and save shipping all over the world.

Here is the cheapest one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/GEBRAUCHT-OUD-BUY-SELL-Handmade-UD-LAVTA-CEMMC-S...

Good Luck ,

Marcus

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace

Go To Top