Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: contact for builder Samir Azzar (sp?)
coyootie
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-18-2009 at 07:42 PM
contact for builder Samir Azzar (sp?)

greetings all. I was surfing to try to find these elusive specs for bracing and soundboard details on a floating bridge/Iraqi/Bashir style oud.
looks like there was a reference to this builder (?)helping someone else with the same question- if anybody knows how to contact Mr Azzar or anything about this soundboard puzzle, please help! many thanks.
corridoio
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-19-2009 at 09:54 AM

http://www.samir-ouds.com/

this is his website where you can find also a mail address
some time ago I contacted him with this email and worked.
Anyway I don't remember of him giving bracing details, so maybe was another luthier?
sometime ago a pdf from Thabet al-Basry was posted here somewhere..
I don't know if it's good but anyway,
that's it:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=4229#pid276...
coyootie
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-19-2009 at 02:50 PM
eureka

thank you very,very much! this was just the data I needed to keep going on this oud.
I've started the bowl, 15 ribs of Spanish cedar. I'm going to do this first one very simply, no rosettes or fancy stuff. If it is successful,& plays and sounds good, I'll do another with Nahat styling and fancy stuff!
I'd like to make a note of thanks here again for all the oud lovers and builders who have been very generous sharing hard-won data and experience. As more and more ouds are built, the level of lutherie will continue to grow.
onwards! into the bathtub for the next rib. I'm going to go ahead and build a hot shaping jig, it's not too difficult, trip to the hardware store for parts except finding a piece of 24 ga. stainless is always a pain.

Go To Top