Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The Ouds I am bringing to the USA
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 03:45 AM
The Ouds I am bringing to the USA

Hello folks!

We are coming to the USA to participate at Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase.
This event will be held on the 24-25 Oct.

Ara Dinkjian & Night Ark Plus Sharon Klein In Concert

Friday, October 23, 2009, 8:00 PM

At
The Colony Café
22 Rock City Road
Woodstock, NY 12498
845-679-5342
http://www.colonycafe.com
$20

We are going to bring 6 ouds with us to Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase. One out of six has already been sold. The owner of that oud has saved the shipping cost which is almost $ 300.-
Those who are interested in purchasing any of those ouds may try them during the Showcase.

Also we will fly to LA on the 27th of October and stay there until the 2nd of November. Those who are living around may contact me if they are interested in trying our ouds. I will update with the address we will stay in LA.

The qualifications of the ouds for sale are as follows:

1- Quality Oud: Mahagony & Padouk – Classical fingerboard – Turkish Oud

2- Grand Concert Oud: Wenge & Padouk – Extended fingerboard – Arabic

3- Grand concert Oud: Dalbergia Spruceana (Amazonas Rosewood) Extanded fingerboard – Turkish Oud

4- Double Soundboard Oud: Pommele – Extended fingerboard – Arabic Oud

5- Lattice Soundboard Oud: Kingwood – Extended fingerboard – Arabic Oud

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Abusaid
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 06:51 AM

Dear friend Faruk,

I hope the best for you in this journey.

Sincerely,

Eduardo Lahsen
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 10:41 AM

LA!!! That's fantastic!

If you need a place to show your ouds, I would be more than happy to host something at my place. Plenty of room.

rex2009
Oud Maniac

Mood: Oud Zone

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 10:55 AM

Hi Master Faruk
I wonder if you have any plans to come to The UK in the near future. You will be very welcomed and I am sure many of the oud lovers in the UK will attend similar functions.
Tarig
kordi
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 02:05 PM

oooooooohhh
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 11:04 PM

Hello my dear friend Eduardo! Thank you for your good wishes. I am finishing your Double Soundboard these days and will ship it within a week.

Thank you so much Jonathan for the invite. It will be a great help for us. I will email you soon.

Tariq, Thanks for your interest. If there is a similar event in the UK we come there happily.

Kordi! you seem happy by this news, thanks.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Abusaid
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 07:21 AM

Dear friend Faruk,

Thank you for the information, I'll be waiting for this amazing oud.

Kind Regards,

Eduardo
alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 03:04 PM
Prices Needed

Mr Turunz Dear ;
Could you be more specific about these ouds as to the prices of such pieces of art and put some photos ?
Thank you
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-2-2009 at 09:45 PM

Thank you alfaraby for asking the prices. Here are they, photos soon...

Quality Oud (Turkish tuning) Mahogany & Padouk: $ 1,550.-

Grand Concert Oud (Arabic tuning) Wenge & Padouk: $ 2,150.-

Grand Concert Oud (Turkish tuning) Amazonas Rosewood: $ 2,350.-

Double Soundboard Oud: Pommele of Sapele Arabic tuning: $ 4,150.-

Lattice Soundboard Oud: Kingwood: $ 3,650.-

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-3-2009 at 02:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by farukturunz  
Hello folks!

We are coming to the USA to participate at Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase.
This event will be held on the 24-25 Oct.

Here is the Pommele of Sapale Oud's back

[file]11590[/file]

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-4-2009 at 05:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by farukturunz  

Grand Concert Oud (Turkish tuning) Amazonas Rosewood: $ 2,350.-

MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 10-4-2009 at 07:29 AM

Dear Usta Faruk- may the exhibition be very good for you, I am sure many of us would like to attend. May I ask you a question which may seem a bit odd at first but came to mind upon seeing your post. There have been many discussions between members in this forum about how to best travel with ones oud, especially via air. May I inqure, how are you planning to transport so many fine ouds to Woodstock NY?

best wishes, MW
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-4-2009 at 11:12 PM

Dear Mathew,
Thank you so much for your good wish and concern about the transportation of our ouds safely. Each of us will take one oud on board and we will wrap the other three securely and give them to the luggage. Hope to see you there. Best wishes :)

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-6-2009 at 01:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by alfaraby  
Mr Turunz Dear ;
Could you be more specific about these ouds as to the prices of such pieces of art and put some photos ?
Thank you

Grand Concert Oud (Arabic tuning) Wenge & Padouk: $ 2,150.-

alfaraby
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-6-2009 at 04:11 PM

Thanks for replying Mr. Turunz
What makes this price-gap between the various models ?
From what I know & saw, Farouk's oud is always a masterpiece, so what does this gap stand for ? Woods ? craftmanship ? What ?
& Why Turkish Oud is regularly cheaper ?
Excuse me for the intrusion, but this may clarify things rather than keeping them deep inside. They may cause stomachache :):):)

yours
Alafaraby
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-6-2009 at 05:08 PM

Dear alfaraby,

Thank you for your inquiry dealing with the gap between the prices of my models.

As a "customer" you have the right to have a desire for knowing everything.

As an artist I have the right to price my work.

This is a free competition market. I can not afford a Rols-Royce Phantom Coupe which is sold for $ 412,000 and I buy an Opel Meriva. If I try to inquire for the price gap between two cars' prices I don't know who and how can explain it. Maybe you will say they are two different companies! Huh! What makes them evaluate their products so differently!

This is very simple and evident. Furthermore I have recently sold an oud to one of my cousins for only $ 150.- which is only the cost of raw materials. This is another case to explain many things: Firstly, the arbitraryness of the prices of my ouds; secondly, the average cost of raw materials; and finally how free I am.

If you like you may purchase or you may ask and I answer. :))

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 05:15 AM

I hope you have a wonderful trip Faruk. I would love to meet up with you at one of these events. Unfortunately being in fly-over country doesn't help! To my friends in LA. Sounds like a good opportunity for another oud summit!

Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 07:48 AM

I'm with Jameel--it would be a great opportunity for another gathering. I'd love to host, if master Faruk's plans allow.

LeeVaris
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud lover

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 01:20 PM
In Los Angeles

Wow - as luck would have it, Joseph Tawadros will be in Los Angeles at that time - he's staying with me!!! It would be fantastic to get everyone together! :airguitar::airguitar:

Master Turunz, I know about the double soundboard oud but please tell us about the "Lattice Soundboard Oud"

regards,

Lee Varis
varis@varis.com , www.varis.com
alfaraby
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 03:01 PM

Dear Mr. Turunz
Thank you for your angry reply !

I beg your pardon for asking you about the prices. You seem very sensitive &/or vulnerable as to this issue !
I just wonder why ?

You're totally free to price your products as expensive as you wish, but this was not an answer to my question, nor a way of dealing with "costumers". You are an artist & not a car dealer !!!

Forums are made, in the first place, to hold open free discussions, not a briefing & no questions allowed .

If this is your desire, so let it be ; I shall never ask you questions anymore. Purchase ? Nonetheless, I may, sometime !

Excuse me again.

Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:12 PM

Relax. There's nothing angry at all about his response. He is answering the question that you asked. Try not to be so quick to find fault where there is none.

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 06:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LeeVaris  
Wow - as luck would have it, Joseph Tawadros will be in Los Angeles at that time - he's staying with me!!! It would be fantastic to get everyone together! :airguitar::airguitar:

Master Turunz, I know about the double soundboard oud but please tell us about the "Lattice Soundboard Oud"

Oh man, sounds like the mother of all oud summits in the works! Wish I could be there.

shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 08:46 PM

I am very happy to be the one hosting Master Faruk in Woodstock! I will also be the recipient of one of his fine ouds. It will be tuned in guitar tuning, as I am first, a guitar player. What this will enable me to do is to read music better in an ensemble situation which I want to get into more. The wood will be tuned to resonate properly for this tuning. A perfect example of why a custom instrument is what it is! Ara Dinkjian will be performing our "kick off" event on Friday night and on Sunday, Haig Manoukian will play. There will also be baglama builder Suleyman Aslan at the luthier show as well as 28 incredible guitar builders, including Linda Manzer, Pat Metheny's luthier. WOW!
:bowdown:
:xtreme:
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 08:51 PM

Re taking oud on a plane, I think what Master Faruk meant is that if they must check any instruments, they will be GATE checked (at my suggestion to him). You just take it as a carry on as if you are going to put it into the overhead and if they catch you with one too many carry ons you hand it to them at the gate before you get on the plane. That way it is not checked in with regular luggage and it is hand handled in a fragile situation. I have had lots of success traveling this way.
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-9-2009 at 01:36 AM

Thanks to all!

LeeVaris, Lattice bracing is a new constructive solution which was first tried by Greg Smallman on the guitar soundboard and then applied to the oud's soundboard by some instrument makers who are members of these forums. Please see:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=9500&go...
and the others.

I have also tried it on one of my latest ouds. Although I had proclaimed that I was going to take it to the USA; one of my friends insisted for buying it and I could not resist him.:(

Jonathan, thank you for your kind and mind- blowing proposal for having a gathering in your place. I will telephone you when we are in Woodstock to go further with details.

Jameel, it would be great if we could meet in the States.

Shareen, thank you for all your helps and instructions. I will take your oud with me on board and put it in the shelf over the seats:)

...and Dear alfaraby, I just tried to answer your questions but I see that you took it very personal. Soon I will post a general commentary to the forums dealing with our pricing principles.

Warmest regards

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top