Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Farid Oud Recordings
ameer
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 12:54 PM
Farid Oud Recordings

Hi all. In the past few months I've been doing some digging for cool recordings of Farid El Atrash, so I figured I'd share a few of the best I've found:
Awfa habib on the oud
This song was apparently never sung publically, only recorded on the oud- or so Farid's old site said anyway. It has some of my favorite playing of his and is straight up awesome. There is slight clipping because whoever recorded it overloaded the input volume. I've managed to take out the slight background hiss you can hear; I just need to post the modified version somewhere. If anyone has the version from the old Farid site, I would be interested to know if itclipsin the same way.
The oud tone in this particular recording is very distinctive; if someone could shed some light on whether it is purely a result of the recording equipment or something else that would be awesome.

Albi Wu Muftahu on the oud
Another song that used to be on Farid's site. Good playing, very clean recording, and a somewhat similar tone to that found in Awfa Habib.

Hikayet Gharami on the oud
A real treasure. Farid plays and sings Hikayet Gharami on the oud for someone while sick and still pulls it off well. Note he's using an extra trebble course of strings in this recording rather than his usual 5 courses; you can hear it ring openly at times. I think I can enhance it a little with my limitted knowledge of sound editing; I'll let you all know if I manage it.

Farid El Atrash and Abdel Wahab
This is apparently Farid El Atrash and Abdel Wahab playing the oud at some party; from what I can gather they pass it back and forth. It seems that this is only a set of clips drawn from some greater recording; if anyone knows where the original is I would appreciate it. Awesome playing. The oud is tuned unusually low in this recording and gets an interesting sound.

There were three or four other oud recordings that were on Farid's site that I didn't download backwhen it was up. If anyone has them, I would really appreciate it if you could let the rest of us enjoy.
ameer
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-27-2009 at 06:45 PM

Here's another one:
http://www.4shared.com/file/95523166/9aceb340/02-bteomor-aras-ow-al...
Farid performing with what sounds like an unusually small (not orchestra) ensemble, then cuts to him playing Eneya on the oud at a party. Good stuff. If anyone knows where to get the first bit of the recording that would be awesome.
fhydan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 01:54 AM

Brilliant.
Thanks!

Go To Top