Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Faruk Turunz at the luthier show in Woodstock, NY
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 10-19-2009 at 08:31 PM
Faruk Turunz at the luthier show in Woodstock, NY

Just wanted to remind everyone that Master Faruk will be displaying his ouds and taking new build orders at the Woodstock Invitational Luthier show this weekend at the Bearsville Theater. http://www.WoodstockInvitational.com. It will be an extra special event, not only because Master Faruk will be there, but because he will be interacting with some of the finest and most prestigious guitar builders in the world. I am sure that new technologies for instrument building will be forged. Ara Dinkjian will be giving a clinic at 11AM Saturday morning. You can check the clinic and playing schedules on the website. Coming along from Istanbul with Master Faruk will be Suleyman Aslan, a baglama and flamenco guitar builder who will also be exhibiting. I look forward to meeting some of the Mike's Oud folks. Please introduce yourself to me, Sharon Klein. I am a production partner on this event and will be walking around in a daze of joy for the entire weekend.
:bowdown: And I will also take delivery of my new Faruk Turunz oud! :))
Edward Powell
Oud Junkie

Mood: g'oud

[*] posted on 10-20-2009 at 08:16 AM

Fantastic!
Wish I could be there too!

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 11:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shareen  
Just wanted to remind everyone that Master Faruk will be displaying his ouds and taking new build orders at the Woodstock Invitational Luthier show this weekend at the Bearsville Theater. And I will also take delivery of my new Faruk Turunz oud! :))

Thank you so much for everthing you did for us Sharon. It was a great experience for me and my friends who accompanied me in Woodstock.
It was the greatest opportunity for me to get an entrance visa to the USA for just 10 years as well. :applause:
I wish the best for you.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shareen  
Please introduce yourself to me, Sharon Klein. I am a production partner on this event and will be walking around in a daze of joy for the entire weekend.
:bowdown: And I will also take delivery of my new Faruk Turunz oud! :))

Hi Sharon- I've recently read you got hold an original Nahat, now one of Ustad Faruk's ouds....you lucky girl! :airguitar:

As you had something to do with the production side of this event, did you come across anyone or any manufacturers (besides Godin)doing fretless classical guitars at all?

And congraulations to you Usata Faruk, it is good to hear your trip to the USA was well received and that you had a very good time there. best wishes MW
shareen
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 07:44 PM

I must say that my new Turunz oud is very much like my 1910 Nahat. He really is, in my opinion, the finest oud builder in the world today. (he got embarressed when I introduced him as that!) Now that I have one I know why everyone around the world raves about his work. The attention to detail, finish, tuning of the soundboard, everything down to the smallest detail is absolutely masterful...and what a wonderful, sweet kind human being as well. Wow, what an experience this was. All the high end guitar builders at the show were really in awe of him. We hope to have more of him here in the States in the future. :bowdown: to the Master.
billkilpatrick
Oud Junkie

Mood: what?

[*] posted on 11-3-2009 at 07:29 AM

an old friend of mine from high school went to the fair and sent me some photos:

[file]12191[/file]

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-17-2009 at 03:17 AM
ALL THE 6 OUDS WE TOOK TO THE SHOWCASE WERE SOLD

Quote: Originally posted by billkilpatrick  
an old friend of mine from high school went to the fair and sent me some photos:

Hi billkilpatrick! Thank you for posting those photos. All those ouds were sold in Woodstock and in LA.

We took 6 ouds to the Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase and all those ouds were sold.
Those who had the chance to come to the Showcase and purchased those ouds had two advantages: They tried the ouds and they saved almost $300.- shipping.

We are planning to attend NEWPORT GUITAR FESTIVAL in Miami on 16th, 17th and 18th April, 2010.
We have started booking orders from those planning to come to Miami for the NEWPORT GUITAR FESTIVAL to take the advantage of trying before buying and saving the shipping fees.

Please U2U me or e-mail me farukturunz@yahoo.com

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
shareen
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-17-2009 at 04:47 AM

Hi Faruk! Great news, I will try to come to Miami, or once again, I invite you to the beautiful Hudson Valley before or after the show. I think you have found the perfect outlet for selling your work in the States on a regular basis. Also, it is introducing the oud to a larger audience. :applause:

Warm regards,
Sharon
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 11-17-2009 at 10:52 AM

Dear Usta Faruk- looks like you are conquering America by way of the oud! :)
Would anyone here have any info on what the the accomodation scene for the Newport Guitar Festival in Miami in April 2010 is going to be like, if there are special deals available on location or nearby, or would anyone interested in attending need to find their own accomodation for the stay?
regards, MW
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-18-2009 at 01:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MatthewW  
Dear Usta Faruk- looks like you are conquering America by way of the oud! :)
Would anyone here have any info on what the the accomodation scene for the Newport Guitar Festival in Miami in April 2010 is going to be like, if there are special deals available on location or nearby, or would anyone interested in attending need to find their own accomodation for the stay?
regards, MW

Dear Matthew,

Here is the link for the accommodation in Miami:

http://www.newportguitarfestival.com/wp/?page_id=81

Kind regards

Go To Top