Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Practising
Marina
Oud Junkie

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 11-1-2009 at 09:45 AM
Practising

I posted it as an answer to tremolo guestion, but it is very important, so I post it again.

:rolleyes:

Hi all & Shyrgob!

Usually, the people ask how to do this or that, in this case tremolo and they hope that there is a prescription how to be good in this... Quickly. Right now. ;-). Well, I wish there is prescription (I really wish it for myself), BUT!!! THERE IS NOT. Even when you found out HOW to do tremolo, (vibrato, gliss, hammering, etc...) it will not sound good at once. Your hand & mind need "to develop musculs". Like, well, it is just the example, when you go to gym, you do not become beautiful after a few sessions. You need A LOOOOT of times. When you find out HOW, there is a long way to go and a lot of practicing. ;-)))
Usualy, we do find out how to do let's say tremolo, but it does not work... Then we keep looking for ANOTHER WAY of doing tremolo(the first way must be wrong...) or ANOTHER TEACHER.
But really, the secret is to PRACTICE a lot. I wasted a lot of time trying to "figure" things instead of DOING IT, SLOWLY BUT SHURELY.
Even is somebody of us is "NOT TALENTED" he can achive his goal. I have seen a few "not talented" people who become REALY GOOD MUSICIANS with hard work and the difference between talented and not tallented was erased in those particular cases. Even Bach said that if ANYONE will put such a lot of work in music, this persone would achive the same results as Bach himself.
So when you find out what to do (tremolo) at this nice link that David B. posted, work hard.
;-)))))

Good luck
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-1-2009 at 12:29 PM

Talent is nothing without work...just a poor habit.
It is a french poet who was saying that (Georges Brassens).
So...let's keep practicing:airguitar:

FLIPAX
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bayyati Shuri.....

info.gif posted on 11-1-2009 at 03:32 PM

:wavey:Yes Marina,

Indeed. Lot of Practice and Experimenting. Music Is More Like a Journey for Me it takes you In an Unexpected Route. Which Leads to success!

P.S:
Can you help me with this Question Please...... Thanks For yOur Answers!

I Have Pyramid Pro Risha Light and Medium Tension. Which is better? and commonly used by many?

coz in light tension for me is easier and well balance and soft tremolo but if I increased the tension I do get the scratchy sound.
the medium for me is a little hard more to balance, and keeping the timing same but very soft as well.. but it has a lot of more control in terms of volume especially crescendo's I can get vey loud in these but in the light Risha seems to be a little limited due to the lightness of it.

which should I used?

Thanks

Always I pleasure.......:applause:

-Philip
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 11-3-2009 at 05:32 AM

Hi Marina! This is a great topic and is one of life's great difficulties. On and off I study classical guitar with a teacher. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. Why, because it requires several hours a day practicing practing practicing. We use 4 four fingers at the same time on both hands, fingering positions that a worthy of an olympic gymnast, all while reading complex pieces on every line of the musical staff with moving bass lines and contrapuntal treble and harmony lines. Not to mention that if you place your finger nails on the wrong spot on the strings the guitar won't sound good. If you take your fingers off the string too soon or too late, the feel of the music is lost. Of course every instrument has its challenges. Point being, that yes, I agree, practicing REAL music is much like going to the gym. It is much easier to wail away on an electric guitar without discipline or to ramble on in a taksim without direction than to play a fine piece of music with focus, attention and accuracy the way the composer intended it to be. I find that focused and defined practice is the biggest challenge in my life. Also a method of practice to actually make you improve. To make practice not boring. These are all huge challenges for me.
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 11-3-2009 at 07:44 AM

Oh, la! I sense a very strong attachment to a very specific point of view here. Do you really think your "challenging" gymnastics are the main thing that REAL music is supposed to be? I'm very happy for you, that you find such satisfaction, albeit merely "on and off", in "one of life's great difficulties". It sounds like you've encountered some real suffering. If that was the extent of it, I wouldn't even comment.

Go To Top