Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thank you Mike's Ouds for the opportunity for wonderful connections
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 11-3-2009 at 05:23 AM
Thank you Mike's Ouds for the opportunity for wonderful connections

There have been great posts recently about Faruk Turunz coming to the States, as well as posts from Oud freaks meeting all over the world for coffee, forums, music, etc. We really all do a huge thank you to Mike for putting this forum together. It was because of my post that Master Faruk came to the U.S. Who knew that when I innocently asked if any oud builders would want to come to my luthier Faruk would answer and come all the way from Istanbul! The wonder of the internet and the selfless hard work and vision of our fearless leader has brought all of us in different countries and cultures, some of which would normally clash on the political spectrum, closer together. This is a model for world peace, truly! Shukran, Thank You, toda, gracias, merci, and sheeshya, domo arigato, danka, and all other languages that I don't know! :bowdown: :applause:
Sazi
Oud Junkie

Mood: مبتهج ; ))

[*] posted on 11-3-2009 at 04:37 PM

Here Here, Big up to Mike!! :bowdown::applause:

Now, if only Australia wasn't so far away..... the forum brings the oud world a lot closer, but it would be good to see some more oud related events and players "in the flesh", but apart from the huge distance, there is not the numbers interested here to support it. Most Aussies here when they see the oud say "what's that thing?" or at best " is that a mandolin? " !!! :(

Luckily we're getting more people here from Arabic speaking countries who are really pleasantly surprised to see and hear an oud.

As for meeting with other forum oudies from Oz for coffee, well, Melbourne is 1671 km away, and Cyberquills is 4289 km away!!:rolleyes:

If there are any more here closer to Brizvegas, I'd be happy to meet, just drop me an email.

(But I am looking forward to seeing JT at woodford folk festival, with the band of brothers):)

http://www.youtube.com/Sazi369

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 11-5-2009 at 07:25 PM
What the HELL is that thing?

I just did a show with a bunch of supposedly sophisticated mucisians and that's one of the comments I got! Time to EDU-MICATE THEM FOLKS.
:))
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-6-2009 at 04:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shareen  
our fearless leader has brought all of us in different countries and cultures, some of which would normally clash on the political spectrum, closer together. This is a model for world peace, truly! Shukran, Thank You, toda, gracias, merci, and sheeshya, domo arigato, danka, and all other languages that I don't know! :bowdown: :applause:

You deserve to be called as The Leader of The Oud Freaks.:applause:
I wish I could have met you Mike and submit my gratitude to you face to face. The next time I will organize my schedule for coming to your place to do this. Thank you for your leadership and God Bless You forever!

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top