Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Udi Hrant on YouTube
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 12:59 AM
Udi Hrant on YouTube

Post Manchester Oud Meeting I was just YouTubing this morning and came across this beautiful piece from Udi Hrant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGTiqlFKAzA

I've not heard this version before - I'm sure there's loads out there that is not on the 3 'official' cds of his.

have a good day

Leon
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 01:40 AM

Whoa, thanks for that Leon!

So much passion in his playing. :airguitar:
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 02:45 AM

Hi Owain

How are you doing my friend ? - great to see you the other day. What I love about Udi Hrant is that every single note seems to be a taksim or maqam in itself - Glenn was talking about this way of phrasing on Sunday.

His playing is very fluid and has a great emotional freedom to my ears - I which I could have seen him play, just to see how his fingers and hands moved.

Leon:)
paulO
Oud Junkie

Mood: Utz

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 07:25 AM

Hi Leon,

I saw an album (LP) at Alan Ishmael's many moons ago, with a green cover that had Emin Gunduz on it, but I don't remember it having the superb oud sound that this one has. This is the best recording of Hrant's sound I've heard -- that's one nice oud he's playing ! Take care, and thanks for pointing it out dude.

Regards..Paul
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 11-11-2009 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ararat66  
Hi Owain

How are you doing my friend ? - great to see you the other day. What I love about Udi Hrant is that every single note seems to be a taksim or maqam in itself - Glenn was talking about this way of phrasing on Sunday.

His playing is very fluid and has a great emotional freedom to my ears - I which I could have seen him play, just to see how his fingers and hands moved.

Leon:)

Hi Leon,

I'm fine thanks, hope you are well too. And of course great to see you in Manchester.

I agree with what you say about Udi Hrant's fluidity, and also he just has so much emotions in each pluck of string. :airguitar:

Think I missed Glenn talking about phrasing, what was he saying?
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 11-14-2009 at 10:00 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this. It's so great to hear these great musicians together - especially for me as Emin Gunduz was my kanun/makam teacher for a while and I became very fond of him. He told me many stories about Udi Hrant and other great musicians he worked with, but I don't have that many recordings of them.

If you ever get a chance to hear a recording of Emin Gunduz singing, check it out, he was a really amazing singer.

Thanks,

mavrothi

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse

Go To Top