Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: naseer in the old days?
Sazi
Oud Junkie

Mood: مبتهج ; ))

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 05:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Edward Powell  
TIME IS MONEY. . . .

I'll try telling that to all the people who always seem to want me to play for nothing!:(

http://www.youtube.com/Sazi369

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
FLIPAX
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bayyati Shuri.....

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 05:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sazi  

I'll try telling that to all the people who always seem to want me to play for nothing!:(

That's alright for some occasions especially if its your friends. But far as professionalism goes they should spare some decency. They lose the credible player u are! Not your fault, Their Lost though......

Philip

Every time I Hear The Oud, I fall into a Deep Long Trance of Perpetual Bliss!

"Naseem Al Rooh"
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 01:03 PM

I personally can not stand the new school that uses guitar technique. Shamma was interesting during those early years, but then with his rising popularity and power, he said very negative about other musicians that could have been unsaid. Cynicism was to market a new playing technique specifically for people with disabilities but it was more to play on peoples emotions and promote himself. I am still waiting to hear about a disabled, who can play with this new technique. He certainly knows how to get positive publicity.

Best wishes

Ronny
Edward Powell
Oud Junkie

Mood: g'oud

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 01:46 PM

My first meeting with Shamma illustrates an interesting point thru a funny story......

A good Italian friend (wonderful musician) knew that for years I was searching for a good oud teacher (this was 10 years ago)... he wrote me one day that he heard the BEST concert of his whole life, and it was an amazing oud player named Naseer Shamma, whom he met after the show.

The next time Shamma came to play in Ravenna, my friend invited me down to see the concert... I appreciated the performance but it was not the style of oud playing that I am personally interested in. He played a lot of romantic sounding stuff with a lot of chordal things. . . .

Afterwards I was discussing it with some of my Italian muscian friends who all said how much they liked it ESPECIALLY BECAUSE HE USED CHORDS AND HARMONY, AND HOW NORMALLY ORIENTAL MUSIC IS SO MONOTONE AND HARMONICALLY FLAT!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top