Mike's Oud Forums

Oud Players in Vancouver BC

abu shhab - 8-23-2012 at 12:12 AM

Hi there,

This is my first post at the forum, but I have been reading posts for a while to learn from the wealth of knowledge available here. Thanks all for sharing your experiences.

So here is my dilemma; I decided to start learning oud about 5 months ago, and have been doing this on my own and making OK progress. I would like to find some local oud players though to learn from and practice with. I live in Vancouver and have been looking for some oud players but with NO luck. I figured I post here and hopefully find some through this forum.

If you are an oud players living in Vancouver and would like to meet other oud players...I would love to hear from you.

Ahmad

Brian Prunka - 8-23-2012 at 05:23 AM

Hi Ahmad,

Gord Grdina is in Vancouver, and I know he studied with an Iraqi oud player there but I can't recall his name. You should get in touch with Gord--I'm not sure if he has time for lessons but if not he can put you in touch with his teacher.

You can contact me through oudstrings.com.

abu shhab - 8-23-2012 at 08:02 PM

Hey Brian and thanks for the feedback. I did email Gord before but didn't get a reply. Maybe it is time to try again! I did also email Hossein Behroozinia who lives in Vancouver but with no luck either :shrug: