Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: Do you like Oriental Jazz?
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 04:02 AM

Amazing, that things would be so different in after all similar environments! Even the big Bookstores here are finding they get no economy of scale compared to online businesses. There's no reason to maintain a walk-in store. Everything is centralizing. Little pharmacies here are dying because the insurance companies only allow $0.50 surcharge above standard cost of medication on a prescription, and since the pharmacist cannot buy it at "standard cost" as cheap as the huge chains, he goes out of business.
Aymara
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 06:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fernandraynaud  
... cannot buy it at "standard cost" as cheap as the huge chains, he goes out of business.

That's a general trend we have in Germany too, but not in pharmacy business, which is highly controlled, but in nearly all other areas, even book stores.

Many people here seem to want their goods at once and are not willing to wait for "shipping" from an online store or to send it back, if it's not as good as expected. But it's also a matter of price ... expensive goods are often cheaper online.

Regarding musical intruments I have a big dealer in the neighbour city, who is in business since decades and has similar prices as the big online stores ... so I prefer to buy from him whenever possible. I got my Tar there for less than online, incl. bag.

Greetings from Germany

Chris
bibo10
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 08:45 AM
JT albums now on itunes

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you guys know that JT's last album "The Hour of Separation" is now available on itunes. Also Joe's other albums; The Prophet, Epiphany, Angel and Visions will be available as well in few weeks on itunes.

Cheers

+++++++++++
Michael-GOD BLESS EGYPT
Edward Powell
Oud Junkie

Mood: g'oud

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 01:54 AM

if you want REAL jazz.... check THIS out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqiDcvRW2Y&feature=related :xtreme:

Lazzaro
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 05:55 AM

Dear Friends, my preferred jazz guitarist was and is Wes Montgomery, here in a clip playing "Round midnight" (my absolute nowhere)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOm17yw__6U&feature=related
and about modal Jazz here playing "Impressions", one of most famous modal jazz tune, composed by the sax player John Coltrane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvdU7f-q7I&feature=related
good vision and a big hug to all, Maurizio :wavey:
Edward Powell
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 06:06 AM

YEAH!!!
Wes is GOD! What an amazing tone!
It is my hope that this great music will never be forgotten --- and it will not be forgotten that this is the REAL jazz!
:bounce:

jazzchiss
Oud Junkie

Mood: Improvising

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 03:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Edward Powell  

If your last comment was in any way directed at me.... please have a listen to my latest CD http://www.andreamurdock.com/ragmakam.zip ---if you don't like this, then fine, I rest my case.

Thanks for sharing your CD! I'm enjoying it now. I wish other members were as generous as you and share their work, because musicians can't buy everything we 'need' to listen, can we? :)

Edward Powell
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 03:21 AM

Thanks my friend... I thought of it like a gift (for those who care) to those on this forum. It occured to me that few from here have more than a foggy idea of the music I make. . . . almost nobody is buying this CD (or other CDs of mine for that matter). . . so why have the thing just sitting around collecting dust. I put a huge amount of work into it - - - so have a listen. If you like it, tell a friend - - - if you don't, then leave it, or offer some helpful criticism so I might do better next time round.

Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top