Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: !!!!! ADVICE ON AN OUD !!!!!
Microber
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 12:44 PM

Sabbassi,
I find it strange to repair a brand new professionnal expensive oud.

Robert
Microber
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 12:47 PM

Mr Bashir,

We all know of course that your brother Omar is a fantastic talented player. And your father probably one of the greatest player ever. That's the reason why Dorado bought you that oud. But that is not the question of today.
Could you give us your opinion about the pictures provided by Dorado where we can see the convexity of the sounboard.

al bashir oud 2.jpg - 180kB

al bashir oud 1.jpg - 135kB
DORADO
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 01:39 PM

First of all i want to thanks everyone to consider my problem, i was disappointed and sad about that.
I don't want to debate with Mr Bashir i sent him lots of emails he always told me he never refund me he is not a puma or nike seller.But if i have a problem with puma shoes i don't go in china i i just go and ask to the seller. That's not to me to contact mr azad the seller is saad bashir!!!!
Nevermind as microber said saad bashir never answer about the facts and about problem of lutherie. That's really strange.
the only thing i know is that i wanted a playable oud that why i paid all that money for this and the oud i received it is not i have no interest to not keep the oud if it is a professional oud i didn't want a piece of art i just wanted to play on an OUD
Sabassi i really appreciate your offer i will consider it

Cyril.
DORADO
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 01:51 PM

I just read answers of saad bashir this is really funny!!!!
That's me the problem always i am a beginner but please trust all the persons professionnal and not beginner who try to play on it.beginners don't mean that we know nothing about music!!!!!!!!

BEST REGARDS TO ALL

Sorry' i just finish to work and i am tired tomorrow my ideas and my english will be more clear
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 06:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Saad M Bashir  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1v0jwwl1gE

please watch this video,this is the oud ,playing by Omar Bashir.He had test it before shiping to the bayer.

Dear Dr Bashir,

You have provided two Youtube links. The first states this is the oud we are discussing in this thread (to test it before shipping). I note that additional reverb has been added to this clip, but apart from that, it seems to be the same footage as in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGvIROM8aHo which was uploaded on the 27th May. One of the comments states that the oud was then three months old.
Is this the same oud that was shipped to France and that is being discussed in this thread?

Regards,

Greg
DORADO
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 03:15 AM

Hello Greg,

the oud i received was made from the 2011/05/01 as you can on the picture i post but i have no proove that it is the same in the video, mine is supposed to be the first one and when i sent to him the money he posted on this forum that all his ouds production has been sold.If you watch carrefully his video, omar don't play where i show there is a problem.Nevermind my only goal in this thread is that saad bashir has to realize that in every sell it may have a problem and if he is a serious seller he should consider his customers.He is supposed to sell professionnal ouds and the only thing i know i didn't receive a playable oud professional or not.
Best regards
Cyril

Attachment: DSCN1340.JPG.zip (679kB)
This file has been downloaded 163 times

Attachment: DSCN1341.JPG.zip (731kB)
This file has been downloaded 145 times

Dr.Saad M Bashir
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 05:04 AM

Dear oud Fun,

With all my respect to all here, i think the Al Bashir oud project is much more bigger than to be advertise in forums,that's why we will make double check about the range of the playing capability of the oud buyer before selling Al Bashir ouds s, as son of Munir Bashir and brother of world famous oud player Omar Bashir ,we have the full knowledge of the history of this oud and no one else have that better,and this is normal.

After watching the horror playing way of one of our oud buyer (wrong tuning ,wrong playing,wrong strings...) in this forum on Al Bashir oud i feel so bad to not respect this instrument enough .

Now,we had spent alot of money to build a new website ,where every one can watch the history of Al Bashir oud and way its deference from other ouds,hope we can set up this site very soon.

This oud here Albashir oud 001 was tested by Omar Bashir whatch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGvIROM8aHo and also read comments please.

My advise for amaturs that you can find other ouds like egyptian or turkish or syrian and maybe a bad copy of Al Bashir oud for cheap price 500-600 euros,which is nearly the price of our oud woods.

Any problems, advise,instraction regarding Al Bashir oud:PLEASE contact our oud maker Mr.Azad Omar (azad omar face book) this guy was working ander my father direction for more then 15 years.

All my best for forum members.

Saad M Bashir

http://www.munirbashir.org
DORADO
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 06:22 AM

This is the u2u saad bashir sent to me:"Please send the oud to our oud maker in holland to retune and check the strings ,your tune is horror,the way of puting the strings are wrong acording to our oud maker massege and plying wel i dont want to comment.
Azad Omar
Fazantenstraat 22.
1121 EV landsmeer.
Nederland
after cseck the oud he will send you back ASAP."

Always and always the same answer i am bad player the tune is awful the strings are bad(it is a luthier who puts new strings aquila) i wanted an answer about the fingerboard or the soundboard but nothing.
Now he wants i send the oud to the oudmaker i don't want to pay again to send it this instrument for what kind of résults? he doesn't trust me about anything,i asked him the first day i received the oud to send it back because i wasn't satisfy but no way.If as he said the oud is supposed to be the best one how can explain the pictures ?why i don't want to keep it? I am not the kind of person to make big stories for nothing .I posted something in this forum not to talk to saad bashir but to have comments and advice about members and to inform others people.
I DON'T WANT TO BE IN CONFLICT with anybody i don't like that.

Best Regards to all
Cyril
DORADO
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 06:38 AM

Dear Saad BASHIR,

The whole community could listen to the wonderful playing of your brother Omar. But if we all compare your video with mine we can see, that your brother plays mainly until the 4th position, a few times until about the 8th position and a very short and light moment in a high position. As you can see in my video the problems are coming in higher positions beyond the body neck joint. And if you have a look at the picture 2011_08_08_2270_red.jpg you can realize, that the lowest single bass string which is stopped at the body-neck joint is completely touching the fingerboard up from there until the end. I assume this comes from the convex soundboard that can be seen in the pictures I posted. Can you please say something about that? about that extremely "low" action and the curved soundboard?

And please Dr. Bashir post for the community here another video where your brother Omar plays in high position to proof that the instrument was payed there, is playable over the soundboard and was played by your brother there.

Regards,

Cyril
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-2-2011 at 01:21 PM

Mr Saad, with all respect due to your well known family,
I think you really should consider the situation of Cyril.
It is clear those defects don't come from the strings nor from his abilty of playing.
I wish you to develop your business, and there is a large demand for iraki ouds, but this come through a real consideration for your customers

em.20
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 02:21 AM

The impression I've got from Saad Bashir isn't unfortunately that good. He seems to be a tradesman who doesn't care a lot of his customers although his ouds are premium priced.

Like suz_i_dil said, there are problems which Mr. Bashir can't hide. The photos and the videos are proving that. That has nothing to do with tuning, strings or playing.
littleseb
Oud Junkie

Mood: high

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 02:56 AM

em, the bottom line is - you have paid a lot of money for an oud you were expecting it to be of professional standard. there are obviously costructional faults with the instrument, and you shouldn't be expected to take the oud to a luthier or send it to holland (what's that all about???) after paying 1300 euros. you've got every right to send the oud back and get a full re-fund. your ability to play has nothing to do with the fact that they (probably knowingly) sold you something dodgy. it's none of their business whether you play oud like a pro or just hang it on your wall.
did you pay by paypal? if so - put a complaint in asap. and make sure paypal agrees in writing to have the shipping costs re-imbursed as well (i had problems with it before).
as for the seller: how short-sighted they are! they might have made themselves a quick buck, but will probably in the long run loose a few customes over this. i for one am in the market for a good new oud, but will stay well clear of the bashir makers after reading this.
Microber
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 10:40 AM

I can't say better than Suzidil, Little Seb, Em20, Greg and the others.

Mr Bashir,
Please, could you answer the questions.
I think you would like to sell some ouds.
It seems it is your mission : transmit and preserve the identity of the Iraqi oud.
And the only argument you say about the ouds you are selling is : 'it is the best'.
I think that a customer has the right to obtain more from the seller.

Concerning the oud you sold to Cyril, maybe it was correct when your brother tried it.
But now, it is not.
It is not a question of ability of playing, I can assure you.
You have seen the pictures, like all of us.
Nobody can affirm that oud is correct when you see these pictures.
So maybe is there a problem in the making that makes the soundboard becoming convex.

One more time, I ask you to reconsider the situation.

Thank you for Cyrile... and for the many potential customers.
DORADO
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 01:25 PM

Hello Mr. Saad Bashir,
your website says:
About Al Bashir Oud
(Al Bashir) oud is made according to Omars oud sizes. body size: 37,5 cm wide * 50,5cm long Neck: 19,5. the string length is 58,5

I add here a picture of the oud I got from you that shows that the instrument shows a shorter neck. That does not have the 19.5cm it has less than 18.5. That means that the instrument has a scale of only 55,5 cm and not 58,5 cm as you write. We all know that the oud's neck is 1/3rd of the scale. This is not the case in the instrument I got from you.
Please explain that here.

Cyril

Attachment: 2011_09_02_2539_red.jpg 2.zip (378kB)
This file has been downloaded 179 times

DORADO
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 10-14-2011 at 01:09 PM

Salam to everybody,
First i would like to thanks everyone for your support i was waiting for an answer from saad bashir or why not omar bashir who is supposed to guaranty the quality of the instrument but as you can see..... nothing.
now it is easy to realize that money is lost!!!!!
the only way i have is to take a lawyer and to see when they will come to France, i will pay my ticket to a concert or each concerts of omar bashir go on stage ,telling my story to the audience and give the oud to him for testing and playing it on stage.
I will stop to talk about that on this forum but i don't give up the "fight",i hope this thread will be a good example for people who wants to buy al bashir oud, the professional one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really really really THANK YOU

Sabassi je crois peut etre que tu parles français et que tu es d'origine marocaine si tu peux m'envoyer ton adresse mail ton offre t 'honnore barak allahou fik
sabbassi
Oud Junkie

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 10-14-2011 at 01:16 PM

Salam,

Bien sure mon amis no problem, mon email est sur mon profile. samir.abbassi@gmail.com
oui je suis marocain d'origine.

Sure my friend, my no problemo..:)

Best regards, Samir
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top