Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bashir sound oud
Udi Cenk
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 1-20-2012 at 08:36 PM
Bashir sound oud

I am looking for an oud which can give a sound smilar to Omar Bashir plays ( I like the tone) and also shaped like his oud. Can some one advice me a reliable oud maker ?
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 03:06 PM

I donĀ“t mean to have tried all kind of Bashir style ouds but on those I tried I would advice you for Fadi Matta. He can make the bracing according to your needs.
Here is the one he made to me. There is also others recordings made with this oud on my myspace page:

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=9726#pid648...

From what I heard, there is the ouds of Ahmed, I think to remember he is located in Saoudi Arabia. Make a search on this forum, he is member of it. Fadel, another member of the forum, may also give more information about him.

I also like a lot the floaters of Belhaiba, but iraki bracing is not his usual way of making. I discussed this issue with a friend who know him, and it seems he may agree to make one on a special order.

Now I`m sure you are going to get many others good feedbacksfrom others makers I don`t know. Take the time to think about and listen a lot.

jack
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-21-2012 at 09:39 PM

suz_i_dil, that's a gorgeous Matta oud, and nice playing.
Udi Cenk, I see that Nazih Ghadban also has a Bashir style as his most recent creation: http://www.oudnazihghadban.com/users/news.asp
I can't imagine you could go wrong with either of these luthiers.
zakiya_alali
Oud Junkie

Mood: Jameel Bashir is a Legand

[*] posted on 1-22-2012 at 01:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udi Cenk  
I am looking for an oud which can give a sound smilar to Omar Bashir plays ( I like the tone) and also shaped like his oud. Can some one advice me a reliable oud maker ?

brother, omar bashir oud is made by the legand Mohmad fadel, so if you want similar sound then u can contact his son faiq or yaroub. Alternatively you have to look for iraq floating bridge oud like Foad jihad oud or Fawzi munshid.

All the best
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-22-2012 at 05:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jack  
suz_i_dil, that's a gorgeous Matta oud, and nice playing.
Udi Cenk, I see that Nazih Ghadban also has a Bashir style as his most recent creation: http://www.oudnazihghadban.com/users/news.asp
I can't imagine you could go wrong with either of these luthiers.

This creation seems wonderful. I never had the luck to play one of his ouds, but indeed Nazih Ghadban has many great feedbacks.

Go To Top