Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Learn Maqamat on the OUD - VERSION 2
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

Mood: Sunbati Obsession

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Abusaid
:applause: Alf mabruk oud.proff. I've seen the video presentation on youtube, it's really great for oud lerning.

"Shukran Shukran" Abusaid ;)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeri
Just got my DVD yesterday .... superb !
So well done and so jam packed with information.
I have,in just a few hours,vastly increased my skill on the oud
as well as my appreciation for the instrument.
If someone is thinking about getting this DVD from, I totally
recommend that you do.
No better learning tool available period...this is it.
Thank you Oudproff

Hi ozeri,
Very pleased to know you received the DVD and enjoying it my dear.

Thanks very much
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 09:43 AM

Hey O.P.

I think I've got mine too! Unfortunately, I wasn't home to receive it and sign for it, so I have to pick it up from the post office. Planning on doing it today. Can't wait to see it.

Many thanks,
Mike

abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 02:19 PM

Hi OP,

Great intro one the youtube, I'll be ordering mine soon buddy :D

Salam

Awad
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 03:29 PM

Thanks OP,

My DVD has arrived and I had a quick scan of it yesterday. I am very happy with my purchase, I like the way the information is logically presented and the video content is well done. This multimedia presentation will provide great assistance to many aspiring oud players (me included).

I feel a point of clarification is necessary for intending purchasers (this may have been mentioned earlier in the thread but, if so, I missed it).
The term "DVD" to most people implies "DVD Video." In other words, a DVD disk that can be played on a standalone DVD player and with MPEG-2 video content at a standardised data rate. This presentation is not a "DVD Video." It is a multimedia presentation of about 1 GB that is designed to be played on a computer. At 1 GB, it is too big for the standard 800 MB CD-ROM, hence it is supplied on a 4.7 GB DVD-ROM.

It is an excellent training resource OP, thanks very much.

Regards,

Greg
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
Thanks OP,

My DVD has arrived and I had a quick scan of it yesterday. I am very happy with my purchase, I like the way the information is logically presented and the video content is well done. This multimedia presentation will provide great assistance to many aspiring oud players (me included).

I feel a point of clarification is necessary for intending purchasers (this may have been mentioned earlier in the thread but, if so, I missed it).
The term "DVD" to most people implies "DVD Video." In other words, a DVD disk that can be played on a standalone DVD player and with MPEG-2 video content at a standardised data rate. This presentation is not a "DVD Video." It is a multimedia presentation of about 1 GB that is designed to be played on a computer. At 1 GB, it is too big for the standard 800 MB CD-ROM, hence it is supplied on a 4.7 GB DVD-ROM.

It is an excellent training resource OP, thanks very much.

Regards,

Greg

Dear Greg,

Thanks for the compliment, and more thanks for the clarification.

During the course of production of this "Multimedia", the plan started actually to present a CD. Then when the content exceeded the capacity of a "CD", we went and shifted gears towards a DVD to hold that larger content.

Well, at that point later on, we started thinking maybe we could present it as a DVD presentation. But the programmers stated it was not possible to include Video files alongside text files (well pdf) and schematics in a regular DVD presentation. Hence, the outcome was this "Multimedia" product, put altogether on a DVD.

Thanks again Greg.

Regards,
O.P.
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abusin
Hi OP,

Great intro one the youtube, I'll be ordering mine soon buddy :D

Salam

Awad

Dear Awad,

You be my guest buddy :)

Best wishes,
O.P.
tsugumi
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-27-2008 at 07:03 AM

Hi Oud proff

I sent you an email.

tsugumi
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-27-2008 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tsugumi
Hi Oud proff

I sent you an email.

tsugumi

Dear tsugumi,

Just replied to your email.

All the best,
tsugumi
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-3-2008 at 07:48 AM

Hi OP

I received DVD.
Thank you very much.

tsugumi
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-3-2008 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tsugumi
Hi OP

I received DVD.
Thank you very much.

tsugumi

You're very welcomed tsugumi :)
arsene
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-16-2008 at 03:10 PM

I just ordered my copy! yay!

- Andy
francis
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 03:51 PM

Not to late to order a copy, Oud.Proff?
I looked at the youtube presentation, I read the great feedbacks.......so I can't resist longer to order!
Could you send me a mail , please?
A bientôt,
Thanks
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 7-12-2008 at 11:07 AM

Hi oud prof

I'm still into one of these - I contacted you a while ago and life intervened as usual ... will get in touch again soon.

Best wishes

Leon
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-12-2008 at 12:23 PM

Hello all,

I sent you a U2U francis, you be my guest. Thanks.

Sure Leon (Ararat66), anytime man !

My very best wishes,
Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 02:44 AM

Hi Oudproff,:wavey:
This is exactly the thing I`m looking for.:D
I`m searching for a teacher since a few month but it seems impossible to find in the area I live.

But why waisting time with searching if I can have you as my teacher?:bowdown::bowdown:
So, is the DVD still availiable?
How can I order and pay for it?

Congratulations for your great work!!:applause:

All the best

Marcus
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 12:24 PM
Learn Maqamat on the OUD - VERSION 2 !

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcus
Hi Oudproff,:wavey:
This is exactly the thing I`m looking for.:D
I`m searching for a teacher since a few month but it seems impossible to find in the area I live.

But why waisting time with searching if I can have you as my teacher?:bowdown::bowdown:
So, is the DVD still availiable?
How can I order and pay for it?

Congratulations for your great work!!:applause:

All the best

Marcus

Dear Marcus,

You almost caused a bubble burst here :), I was hardly keeping the surprise for later, but oh well....now I'll have to let the news out: the second version of the Multimedia will be released like VERY soon !
A real leap from the first Version.
I'll write details very soon ;)
Best wishes,
the-e-vid
Oud Admirer

Mood: Maqamin'

[*] posted on 1-24-2009 at 02:41 AM

how I can get the first dvd?
mercm525i
Oud Junkie

Mood: mnee7

[*] posted on 1-24-2009 at 06:43 AM

Oud proff, as you know I've been happily and patiently awaiting the second version for some time now and will be glad to purchase as soon as it is available. Thank you.
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

light.gif posted on 1-25-2009 at 01:59 AM
Learn Maqamat on the OUD - VERSION 2: Launched !

Hello mercm525i, the-e-vid and all members,

It’s a pleasure to declare the launching of the educational multimedia "Learn Maqamat on the OUD, Version 2"

Here is a video clip presentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZmTxkYsoE

Right after the release of the first version ~12 months ago, we've been busy expanding, improving, and adding new features to the second version.

Leaps from Version 1, presented in Version 2 (NEW !):
- All new look and entertaining design virtually of the whole content !. Virtually, all aspects/contents have been revised, improved and expanded.
- More than 60 new educational videos presented mostly in a new different style.
- The use of 6-course ouds (with different tunings in different examples/videos!): FF AA DD gg cc ff, D GG AA dd gg cc and C FF AA DD gg cc (and not only the 5-course oud as in Version 1).
- Electronic book (~201 pages) that can be printed out, in addition to ~36 pages new-look electronic booklets. Both can be printed out to make hard copies.
- The "Maqam Identifier" tool !: Previously in Version1, we explored Maqamat through recognizing the action points and notes on the oud neck, and thus the scales. Furthermore, we covered some of those Maqam personalities. Eventually, we listed and described the "tone distance" as you can see in the small table with the numbers in each particular Maqam section. Now, we are going to do this process backwards and see how useful it is to do so, using this new and handy tool the – Maqam Identifier –. Using a numerical classification of Maqamat based upon inter-note spacing for each Maqam's scale, one can now recognize -identify- the Maqam of interest within a piece of music he/she may like !. For the purpose of exemplification, the WHOLE song of "Atlal" (composed by Sunbati, Sang by Om Kulthoum) is analyzed using this tool – the "Maqam Identifier –. Due to total whopping multimedia content size on the DVD (a full DVD; ~4.6 Gb), half of this analysis is included in the DVD, the rest is available for subscribers in my YouTube-DVD2 Club channel. This single project alone (Atlal analysis) took more than 3 months of rigorous exhausting work ! We're glad it has seen the light eventually :)
- Several basic right/left hand techniques (basic to advanced) are also included in this version. This includes action on the fingerboard drills, Risha holding, and Risha plucking (regular and inverted Risha techniques)….ect. The method presented is uniquely simple and very practical to adopt by all levels of oudists. Those basic drills open doors for countless number of drills !
- System Requirements:
o PC system (the Multimedia WON'T work on Mac or a DVD
player).
o MS Media Player.
o MS Office.
o Latest Acrobat Reader.
o DVD drive (capacity of 4.7 Gb or greater).
o Latest JavaScript/Adobe's Flash Player version.
o Latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework.
o System must be clean from all Malware/Virus types that
may impede the functionality of the product.

There will be a 20% discount to owners of Version 1.
The item can be purchased from eBay immediately :)
For those who don't have an eBay account and would like to purchase it directly, please email me for details.

Although it can be sent virtually worldwide, please contact me before purchase due to restrictions to certain locations.

All the best to you all !
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 03:55 AM

WOW! 10 minute clip and it hasn't even touched whats in the DVD! :xtreme: I can see this must have taken a lot of hard work. I'm extremely grateful for the fact you are helping us noobies improve. I'm also extremely impressed with the 'Maqam Identifier'! In fact, the whole thing impresses and excites me so much, I'll have to order my copy tonight or I'll explode!!!! :bounce: It's irionic also, because I was just going to try and learn Al Atal...!

Arghh, get to play with Om Kalthoum!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

By the way, can I order with a different Ebay account and still get my discount...? :mad:
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Owain-Hawk
WOW! 10 minute clip and it hasn't even touched whats in the DVD! :xtreme: I can see this must have taken a lot of hard work. I'm extremely grateful for the fact you are helping us noobies improve. I'm also extremely impressed with the 'Maqam Identifier'! In fact, the whole thing impresses and excites me so much, I'll have to order my copy tonight or I'll explode!!!! :bounce: It's irionic also, because I was just going to try and learn Al Atal...!

Arghh, get to play with Om Kalthoum!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

By the way, can I order with a different Ebay account and still get my discount...? :mad:

Dear Owain,
Thanks for the nice words. Yes in fact it did take lot's of work from all parties in the project.

Sure Owain, just let me know that account belongs to you. In our database, we keep all names of buyers of the first version, so no worries ;)

Regards,
FastForward
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 11:16 AM

Oud.Proff,

Congratulations and its Good to hear this news, it looks really good.

I had a question, does the dvd include sheet music for the pieces you are performing?

Also, anyone in Los Angeles interested in ordering together and saving some $$.
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FastForward
Oud.Proff,

Congratulations and its Good to hear this news, it looks really good.

I had a question, does the dvd include sheet music for the pieces you are performing?

Also, anyone in Los Angeles interested in ordering together and saving some $$.

Hi FastForward,

Thanks for the compliments. Tablatures are not a subject in this version yet, we're planning on tackling that and other issues in Version 3 later though (wheels in motion already :)).

Best of luck,
mercm525i
Oud Junkie

Mood: mnee7

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 07:07 PM

Thanks oud proff, just ordered a copy from ebay.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top